- A graduate of an ARC-PA accredited program or international equivalent.
- Current physician assistant certification (NCCPA or other) or unencumbered licensure as a physician assistant in the U.S.A. or International Jurisdiction within 9 months post matriculation.
- Demonstrated potential for success in an advanced, rigorous doctoral-level program (e.g., GPA & extracurricular activities).
- No history of negative legal, administrative, or licensure action related to the practice of medicine or medical education.
- Continue to practice medicine as a physician assistant or actively teaching in graduate medical education while enrolled in the program is preferred but not required.
❖ A candidate interested in applying to the general medicine cognate must have earned a master’s degree in physician assistant studies or equivalent from an ARC-PA accredited program within 9 months of matriculation into the DMS degree program.
❖ The program reserves the right to deny admission based on public professionalism issues.